Find out where to recycle your stuff at these of drop-off sites.
Carmel Household Hazardous Waste & Recycling
901 N. Rangeline Rd., Carmel, near the Dairy Queen
Open Tues-Fri 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Sat 9:00 a.m.-12 noon
Closed Sunday and Monday
For Carmel residents only
Items Accepted for Household Hazardous Waste Disposal:
|Home Repair & Maintenance:
- Latex & Oil Based Paints
- Paint Thinner
- Cesspool Cleaners
- Wood Preservatives
- Wood Stripper
- Metal Polish
- Septic Tank Degreaser
- Muriatic Acid
- Drain Cleaners
- Dry Cleaning Fluid
- Oven Cleaner
- Floor Cleaner
- Moth Balls
- Aerosol Cans
- Silver/Copper Polish
| Motor & Vehicle Care:
- Brake Fluid
- Engine and Radiator Flushes
- Motor Oil
- Radiator Cleaner
- Rust Preventative
- Arts & Crafts Supplies
- Chemistry Sets
- Photo Chemicals
- Pool Chemicals
Plants & Yard Care:
- Pool Chemicals
- Rodent Killer
| Mercury Products:
- Fluorescent Bulbs
Please visit the City's website for list of items NOT Accepted
Check out these videos on Substitutions for Hazardous Household Products
Hamilton County Household Hazardous Waste & Recycling
1717 Pleasant St., Noblesville 46060
Recycle bins open everyday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Business hours for hazardous waste and electronics T-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sat. 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Accepts all of the above items
- Grass clippings (no leaves)
- Household Paint Products. Cleaners, Pesticides, Herbicides, Batteries
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- View full list of accepted items
Abitibi "Paper Retriever" Dumpsters
Yellow and green dumpsters at Kroger and most area churches
- All school/office papers, newspapers, magazines & mail
- No phone books
- Proceeds go to church where dumpster is located. Paper is remanufactured into 100% recycled content newsprint.
6835 Guion Rd., Indianapolis 46268
Open 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday for drop-off
Kroger, Lowes, Marsh, Meijer, O'Maila's, Trader Joe's and Walmart Stores
- Brita® pitcher filters
- Wine Corks
- Cell Phones
- Paper and plastic bags
1775 S. West St. Indianapolis 46225
Recycling bins open 24/7
2695 Cicero Rd, Noblesville, IN 46060
PrimeLife Enrichment Center
Prime Life is no longer accepting recycling items.
Effective January 1, 2011, Indiana law bans electronics in trash.
- Car Seats - out of date (expired) infant & child restraints. Goodwill will take expired car seats in for recycling and definitely not for re-sale!
- If you are looking to recycle an odd item not listed here, please check out the sources below and let us know what you find out so we can post it here to share with others.
Need to recycle something not listed here? Check out these resources.
Have more or updated recycling information? Let us know and we'll share it with others!