Recycling Bins for Your Next Event
- School Social/Carnival
- Church Bazaar
- Sports Event
- Graduation Party
- Neighborhood Party
- Anywhere you have lots to recycle!
No matter how big or small, we're happy to provide you with portable recycling collection bins for your next event! Besides the cost of the bags, there will be NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE as long as the bins are returned clean and on time and the Post Event Form/Photos are submitted in a timely manner. The credit card will be charged $55 per bin damaged or not returned. The ClearStream recycling containers require a special sized liner, which is 40" x 45". We recommend a clear bag, so they are easily recognized as a recycling container and not a trash can! We will provide you one free liner per bin you borrow. Each additional liner after that will cost $1.00 each. There is a small Usage Fee to borrow the bins, however, this fee is waived if the Post Event Form/ Photos are submitted within 1 month following your event.
Credit card information is REQUIRED to borrow the recycle bins. The credit card will be used to cover the cost of the bags and as a deposit for the use of the bin(s). CGI does not have the resources to clean the containers! Please help us make sure the bins are ready for the next group by wiping them down before returning. A $25 fee will be charged for bins that come back too dirty/sticky to loan out again! To ensure that we can accommodate everyone's request this year, a $10 late fee will be charged each week the bins are not returned after the "Return Date.” Credit Card information and an Authorized Signature will be required when you pick up the bins.
Here’s how to make your event a little greener:
Step 1 Submit an Application
Step 2 Make arrangements to pick-up and return recycling bins
- We'll contact you to make arrangements to pick up and return the recycling bins and bags. The bins are located at Carmel Dad’s Club Mark Badger Park 5459 E 131st St Carmel, IN 46033. However, please note that Carmel Dad's Club does NOT administer this program. Do NOT ask their staff to loan out the bins. Arrangements must be made through Carmel Green Initiative.
- Credit Card information and an Authorized Signature will be required.
- There’s a trick to fastening the bag to keep it from slipping off so be sure to ask for a quick demo when you pick up the bins.
Step 3 Have a great event and be a Recycling Hero
- Thanks for bringing a touch of green to your event. People will take notice! We recommend that the recycling bins be placed next to the trash cans. Please be careful when setting up and tearing down so fingers aren’t pinched near the hinges.
During your event you will want to monitor and thank your guests for proper usage. Be sure to take a few action pics! You will also need to take note of a few things for the post event report, like keeping track of the number of bags filled and estimating the approximate breakdown of materials being recycled.
Step 4 Submit the Post Event Form & Photos to
- Tell us about your event. How did it go? The Usage Fee to borrow the bins will be waived if the Post Event Report & Photos are submitted within 1 month after your event.
Thanks to the Lend-A-Bin program these events were green!
- Carmel Dad's Club Badger Field Sports Games
- Carmel Rotary Club's CarmelFest
- Carmel International Arts Fair
- City of Carmel Bike-To-Work on the Monon
- University High School Fun Run
- West Clay Elementary Family Fun Night
- Orchard Park Elementary International Festival
- Forest Dale Elementary Falcon Fest
- St. Mark United Methodists The Get Together
- Northview Church various events
- Children's Theraplay Foundation Hoe-Down and Wild West Casino
- Al Huda Foundation Friendship Feast
- Triangle Education Fund Christmas Party
- Boone Co Democrats Reception for Indiana Senator Donnelly
Thanks to our partners, sponsors, supporters and volunteers!
The Lend-A-Bin Program is made possible thanks to Carmel Dad’s Club, the Indiana Recycling Coalition/Alcoa Public Space Recycling Bin Grant Program, Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Sustain Noblesville, and the Carmel High School Environmental Club.
Special thanks to volunteers who generously donate their time and energy to administer the Lend-A-Bin program: Karen Otis, Chuck Fera, Jim Sedoff, Leslie Webb.
CGI is dedicated to building a more sustainable community by promoting wise and efficient use of limited energy and resources and by encouraging reduction, reuse, recycling and composting as a key feature of sustainability. We're excited to offer the Lend-A-Bin program to encourage and facilitate recycling of beverage containers at community events. The Lend-A-Bin Program compliments other CGI recycling initiatives:
OTHER NEARBY LEND-A-BIN PROGRAMS