Thursday, November 8, 2012
Carmel Clay Public Library
55 4th Avenue Southeast, Carmel, IN 46032
We're delighted to partner with the Carmel Clay Public Library to present a program on mass transit. Would you like to see expanded transit service in Central Indiana? Do you want to better understand the role of the general public and state and local elected officials in making that a reality? Join representatives from Central Indiana Regional Transit Authority (CIRTA) and the Indiana Citizens’ Alliance for Transit (ICAT) to learn more about the regional effort to secure dedicated, local funding for transit, and how you can participate in the coordinated advocacy efforts of ICAT partners.
- Kim Irwin, Executive Director of the Alliance for Health Promotion
- Ehren Bingaman, Executive Director for the Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (CIRTA).
- Ron Gifford, Executive Vice President for public policy at the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership
- Jerry Torr, State Representative Dist. 39
- Hamilton County elected officials have also been invited so they may share their views on mass transit.
Click here for a 2012 policy perspective on mass transit.
The districts have changed....click here to find your representatives.
SURVEY: Do you favor mass transit? Your input will be shared with Indiana state legislators. Take survey
Carmel Green Initiative is grateful for the opportunity to team up with the Carmel Clay Public Library, Indy Connect and the Indiana Citizens’ Alliance for Transit (ICAT), Alliance for Health Promotion, Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (CIRTA) and CGI members for this educational program. Thanks also to the "alternative transportation" sponsors: The Bike Line and The Runners Forum. Together we can make Carmel, and the world, a more beautiful and healthier place to live.
.... . .......